Surf Air is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to join our operations team as Sr. Manager System Operations Center (SOC). The SOC is responsible for planning and oversight of all aspects of Surf Air’s operation with input from crew scheduling, member care, maintenance control and flight dispatch. The Sr. Manager SOC will manage the operation of the SOC as well as serve as a Key User of the Merlot Operating Suite. The position reports to the SVP Operations.
The Sr. Manager is ideally a self-starter who can both work the desk day-to-day as well as recruit, lead and manage the SOC group as Surf Air grows. Dispatch experience under parts 121 and/or 135 and a background in operations process development is required. The Sr. Manager SOC will be largely responsible for developing the SOC organization, processes and procedures needed to grow Surf Air to 65 aircraft and more than 400 flights per day over the next five years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Oversee and coordinate all day-to-day airline activities while delivering the highest level Member Experience.
- Develop the policies and processes to enable the SOC to function as the focal point of the Company’s flight operations.
- Recruit, train and lead the SOC team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key constituents including crew scheduling, maintenance, member care and concierge.
- Develop the SOC budget, manage to the budget and report variances on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate flow of operational information to all departments and stations for use in planning and management of the schedule.
- Be the single point-of-contact for Member Care, Concierge and other operating groups with regard to regular and irregular operations.
- Monitor, maintain and address issues with on-time performance, flight irregularities and member services.
- Responsible for recovery plans during times of disruption to the flight schedule and directing team in irregular operations handling (diversions, cancelled flights, delays, etc.)
- Analyze future and “day-of” operations and assign/route aircraft to ensure all operational needs are fulfilled.
- Update and publish aircraft schedules that are communicated to the rest of the team.
- Communicate all aircraft movements to member care, maintenance control, dispatch, crew scheduling and concierge.
- Prepare daily operational reports to concerning on-time performance and delay metrics.
- Responsible for enforcing and demanding compliance with all Company policies and procedures, federal regulations, and directives.
- Maintain a complete knowledge and familiarity with all terms and conditions of the Company’s contractual obligations with particular emphasis on member services.
- Control the handling and care of members originating, transiting and terminating on any company flight.
- Accomplish other duties as may be assigned by the SVP Operations.
- At least five (5) years experience in scheduled airline operations preferably in an operations control or operations planning role.
- At least five (5) years experience in airline dispatch operations in a supervisory role.
- FAA Dispatcher certificate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate or better skills in MS Office suite.
- Previous airline operations suite (Sabre, Merlot, Zapways etc) experience preferred.
- Previous 135/121 operations center experience preferred.
Status: Full Time
Nights, weekends, holidays possible.
Some business travel may be required.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Business, finance or aviation degree preferred
Must be able to pass a 10-yr DOT Background/Criminal/DMV Check and Drug Screen.
Work With Us
Surf Air is a unique, subscription-based membership airline serving Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Lake Tahoe, Oakland, Carlsbad, and more cities to come. Dubbed “the future of flying” by Forbes magazine, we provide an alluring alternative to the endless lines, overburdened systems, and heavy fees of commercial flight. With us, members save valuable time, eliminate airport hassle, and fly with outstanding service.
Join Our Team
We’re building an exceptional team of professionals to revolutionize air travel. To accomplish this, we hand-select team members based on their singular experience, expertise, and drive to be the absolute best in their respective fields.
Surf Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, quality of life schedule, and an excellent work environment.
Surf Airlines Inc.
1408 Third Street Promenade Suite 300
Santa Monica, California 90401
About Surf Air:
Surf Air is a unique, subscription-based membership airline serving Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Monterey, Lake Tahoe, Oakland, Carlsbad, and more cities to come. We provide an alluring alternative to the endless lines, overburdened systems, and heavy fees of commercial flight. With us, members save valuable time, eliminate airport hassle, and fly with outstanding service.
Surf Air was recently named one of Fortune Magazine Most Promising Companies of 2015!
We're continuing to build an exceptional team of professionals looking to revolutionize the flying experience, each hand-selected for their expertise, passion, and desire to be the absolute best in their field. Our company provides immense growth potential as we expand, in a culture that celebrates innovation and the entrepreneurial mind. To learn more, please visit www.surfair.com.
Click here for more details and other opportunities